Thursday, January 21, 2010

Introduction Post

At first I thought a web page would be suitable for this purpose, but then I started thinking a blog may be easier to update and navigate, what, with the advent of TAGS.

I admit I have a thing for gemstones.  Since i was little I have been drawn to the colours, the different designs, the different types of stones there are. I should have taken a gemology course, but library technician was an easier diploma to obtain.


So, this is my gemstone blog.  I don't have any training in the background of gemstones, or even recognizing grade quality.  I'm more of a fan of just... what catches my attention.  I can't keep away from those that seem to 'call' to me.  This blog's original purpose was to help me keep my names straight, so I could identify stones that aren't all that common.

However, if it's entertaining/informative for others as well, then I'm glad.

I will also include smatterings of new age terminology, definitions and properties of stones as I gather them.  Hey, I'm into the new age thing, so why not.




I have created this site as a repository of images and names of all my collected stones.  Often I forget the names, and I thought it would be fun to share my images, as well as preserve the knowledge of individual items.

I have no training in this field, I am simply a life-long lover of gemstones and semi-precious stones.





No comments:

Post a Comment